Dealing with sports-related injuries means going to a specialist to get back on your feet. Here are some of the ways a sports therapy specialist can assist you:
- Offer Unique Treatment Plans – When you see a sports specialist, you can rest assured that you’ll be receiving custom care that is tailored to your needs. We discuss your physical issues and put sports-specific care into place that are made to help determine when you can return to your sport of choice.
- Prevent Further Issues – One of the ways a specialist can help you is to put a stop to bad habits that may have contributed to your injuries. Your therapist will talk to you about what led to the injuries and provide you with specific tools and stretching exercises to assist you.
- Provide Massage Therapy – Keeping your muscles in good shape starts with massage therapy from a specialist. Massage helps improve blood flow throughout the body and puts a stop to fatigue that could be causing your problems.
Your health is important to Dr. Jack Hakoun and his team at the Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited. You can visit us to receive exceptional sports physiotherapy in Toronto, as well as a broad range of additional services.
As an individual suffering from diabetes, foot care is of the utmost importance. It doesn’t matter if you are in the early stages of the disease or have had diabetes for a long time, custom orthotics maybe the thing you need to avoid serious complications with your foot. Here are some of the reasons orthotics may help you:
- Treat Pain – When you are suffering from metatarsal and sesamoid pain, custom orthotics may be right for your needs. Both soft and rigid selections are available, so it’s important to speak with a professional about your issues before an orthotic is made for you.
- Reduce Shock – Reducing the amount of shock that you have in your shoe is crucial for people with diabetes. Orthotics can help soften the blow of each step and allow you to still be active without stressing about the issues you may face while walking or running.
- Accommodate Existing Issues – Receiving custom orthotics for your feet is important when you have existing issues like tissue loss or amputated toes.
When you are seeking custom orthotics in Toronto, you can trust Dr. Jack Hakoun of the Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited to assist you. We have a high success rate and are ready to help with your individual issues.
At Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine, we strive to stress the importance of our custom orthotics in Toronto for our patients who are constantly active and suffer from chronic pain. Since your body is interconnected through the kinetic chain, is it vital to ensure your feet are receiving the correct support needed for your feet as your feet are the basis of what holds your body up right. Below we have listed the main benefits associated from wearing custom orthotics.
- Since the body has a interrelationship between the connected body parts and limbs, it is important to treat your feet with proper orthotics to ensure further issues along the leg or ankle do not occur. Determining the correct way your feet should land can help correct problems in the hips and knees.
- Our custom foot orthotics in Toronto can help reduce chronic pain in the following areas: the back, knee, arches, ankle, and many more locations.
- Custom orthotics address conditions such as plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Morton’s neuroma, metatarsalgia, and many more.
- Helps prevent further deformities of the foot and ankles such as bunions and claw or hammer toes.
- Custom orthotics can accommodate for leg length discrepancies.
Our custom orthotics and insoles are a great addition to your shoes for your support and comfort. Contact us today at (844) 519-8539 to learn more about our treatment methods.