Dealing with sports-related injuries means going to a specialist to get back on your feet. Here are some of the ways a sports therapy specialist can assist you:
- Offer Unique Treatment Plans – When you see a sports specialist, you can rest assured that you’ll be receiving custom care that is tailored to your needs. We discuss your physical issues and put sports-specific care into place that are made to help determine when you can return to your sport of choice.
- Prevent Further Issues – One of the ways a specialist can help you is to put a stop to bad habits that may have contributed to your injuries. Your therapist will talk to you about what led to the injuries and provide you with specific tools and stretching exercises to assist you.
- Provide Massage Therapy – Keeping your muscles in good shape starts with massage therapy from a specialist. Massage helps improve blood flow throughout the body and puts a stop to fatigue that could be causing your problems.
Your health is important to Dr. Jack Hakoun and his team at the Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited. You can visit us to receive exceptional sports physiotherapy in Toronto, as well as a broad range of additional services.
As an individual suffering from diabetes, foot care is of the utmost importance. It doesn’t matter if you are in the early stages of the disease or have had diabetes for a long time, custom orthotics maybe the thing you need to avoid serious complications with your foot. Here are some of the reasons orthotics may help you:
- Treat Pain – When you are suffering from metatarsal and sesamoid pain, custom orthotics may be right for your needs. Both soft and rigid selections are available, so it’s important to speak with a professional about your issues before an orthotic is made for you.
- Reduce Shock – Reducing the amount of shock that you have in your shoe is crucial for people with diabetes. Orthotics can help soften the blow of each step and allow you to still be active without stressing about the issues you may face while walking or running.
- Accommodate Existing Issues – Receiving custom orthotics for your feet is important when you have existing issues like tissue loss or amputated toes.
When you are seeking custom orthotics in Toronto, you can trust Dr. Jack Hakoun of the Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited to assist you. We have a high success rate and are ready to help with your individual issues.
At Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine, we strive to stress the importance of our custom orthotics in Toronto for our patients who are constantly active and suffer from chronic pain. Since your body is interconnected through the kinetic chain, is it vital to ensure your feet are receiving the correct support needed for your feet as your feet are the basis of what holds your body up right. Below we have listed the main benefits associated from wearing custom orthotics.
- Since the body has a interrelationship between the connected body parts and limbs, it is important to treat your feet with proper orthotics to ensure further issues along the leg or ankle do not occur. Determining the correct way your feet should land can help correct problems in the hips and knees.
- Our custom foot orthotics in Toronto can help reduce chronic pain in the following areas: the back, knee, arches, ankle, and many more locations.
- Custom orthotics address conditions such as plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Morton’s neuroma, metatarsalgia, and many more.
- Helps prevent further deformities of the foot and ankles such as bunions and claw or hammer toes.
- Custom orthotics can accommodate for leg length discrepancies.
Our custom orthotics and insoles are a great addition to your shoes for your support and comfort. Contact us today at (844) 519-8539 to learn more about our treatment methods.
At Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine, we believe in the value and importance of acupuncture to help with sports physiotherapy in Toronto. Our physical therapists utilize acupuncture to help reduce both pain and inflammation as an alternative to medication. Below we have listed 4 benefits of acupuncture.
- Increases endorphins
Acupuncture helps reduce pain and inflammation by releasing endorphins into your body. Endorphins are the neurotransmitters that release positive and happy feelings to the brain during acupuncture.
- Blood Circulation
Acupuncture enables stimulation in the blood stream to allow proper circulation in the body by improving the path it takes for nutrients and oxygen to get to your cells.
- Physical Rehabilitation
Our physical therapists use acupuncture as a way to help with sports physiotherapy in Toronto. Acupuncture has been used a treatment to conditions such as sprains, strain, joint pain, back pain, and many more illnesses.
- Improve Chronic Pain
We utilize acupuncture to help relieve of our patients from chronic pain from conditions such as back pain, frozen shoulder, neck pain and more.
If you are experiencing chronic pain or other conditions, contact the specialists at Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine at (844) 519-8539 to help find a treatment plan that best fits your needs.
It doesn’t matter if you are a competitive cyclist or someone who just loves to ride for fun, there are a myriad of injuries cyclist face. Here are some of the common issues:
Knee Pain – Many cyclists have to deal with knee pain issues. This is perhaps one of the most common injuries and it often has something to do with incorrect foot positioning. Once it starts, it is hard to get rid of the problems. You may need to see a specialist to talk to them about getting special insoles for your biking shoes.
Hand Pain – Do you find yourself having issues with tingling or numbness in your hands after riding your bicycle for long stretches of time? You may have a problem with ulnar neuropathy. This problem may be related to your riding position and could be remedied by wearing a pair of gloves.
Overtraining Syndrome – When you push your body beyond its ability, you are overtraining yourself. It’s vital for anyone who is increasing their training volume to spend some time allowing their body to properly recover. You need to be cautious of your training regimen and see a specialist if you are having trouble getting back on track.
For comprehensive sports therapy in Toronto, Dr. Jack Hakoun and his team at the Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited are here to help you. Contact our office today to learn more about our services for cyclists.
Has your primary care doctor advised you to visit a sports medicine specialist? Many people have not heard of these specialists and want to learn more. It doesn’t matter if you are a professional athlete or just a regular person who may have injured themselves while exercising, a sports medicine specialist can assist you with your injuries.
When you see a sports medicine doctor, you are a seeing a doctor that has been trained to specifically help issues that affect active people. Not only do they provide services to professionals, these doctors are also available to help people who love to work out, kids who may have hurt themselves while at play, and workers who have to be active all day long, such as construction workers. These doctors focus on a wide array of issues, such as muscle cramps, ACL problems, concussions, and ankle injuries. Not only do they provide you with medicine, they also assist with therapy programs and special accessories to help you be active again, like knee braces and custom orthotics for your feet.
Whether you have specific questions about sports medicine in Toronto or would just like to meet with Dr. Hakoun in person, you can rest assured that you will only receive quality information and excellent care from the Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited.
Runners have to deal with a wide array of issues. As a runner, you may have to face some of the following issues:
- Runner’s Knee – Also known as patellofemoral pain syndrome, runner’s knee is a common issue that most runners deal with at some point. This problem can arise for many reasons including overuse, overpronation in the feet, knee caps that are too loose or too tight. Uncovering the underlying issues requires an expert in sport medicine. Appropriate muscle strength and balance is always important. Orthotics are often used to help compensate for underlying problems which cannot be remedied with exercise alone.
- Plantar Fasciitis – This issue is an inflammation of the tissues at bottom of the foot. It is caused in a variety of ways, such as overuse, wearing the wrong shoes, or just by weak foot muscles. You can treat this issue by investing in orthotics, avoiding walking around without shoes on, and doing proper stretching before you go out to run.
- Achilles Tendinitis – Are you feeling pain in your tendon in the morning getting out of bed or while you run? Then you may be dealing with Achilles tendinitis. This problem is usually caused by repetitive tendon use, tight calf muscles, or running too far in your regular routine. This issue is treated with rest, ice, and stretching before you run. Orthotics are often a key factor in getting runners over their Achilles tendonitis.
Whether you are seeking custom orthotics in Toronto or sports therapy, Dr. Jack Hakoun and his team at available to assist you at The Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited. Call us at (844) 519-8539 for more info about our services.
Taking care of your body while being involved in athletic is vital. Here are three reasons why you should choose sports therapy services:
- Focused Specialists – When you choose to go to a clinic that specifically offers sports therapy services, you are working with a physician that has spent years learning specifically about athletic injuries. This means that your doctor knows what kind of issues you may be suffering from and can work hard to provide you with care and treatments to help you get back in the game.
- Stop Injuries Before They Happen – Because you are seeking a specialist, you are doing what it takes to stop injuries before they occur. A therapist can talk to you about issues that you may be having and assist you with your problems before they result in an injury and time off your sport.
- Improve Your Skills – Not only will you be avoiding and treating issues that can lead to injuries, your sports therapist may be able to help you improve your skills. They can speak to you about issues related to mobility and motion of the back, shoulders, knees, and neck, helping you be better while playing your sport of choice than you ever were before.
Are you ready to sign up for sports therapy in Toronto? The Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited provides exceptional services for your needs. Contact us to make an appointment and start sports therapy today.
It doesn’t matter if you are playing a strenuous sport like football or just out on the golf course – sports injuries can happen anywhere. If you play golf, here are just a handful of the common injuries you could face; back pain, wrist injuries, elbow injuries and hip injuries.
Back Pain – As we age, as many as 85% of people have to deal with back injuries and arthritis. Statistics show that golfers have an increased risk of back problems. Rotational stress, the bent over stance, and repetitive motions are just some of the ways the back can be injured. Lack of conditioning and flexibility is often found in those golfers that sustain injuries.
Wrist Injuries – Repetitive motions, as well as the speed of golf swings, put golfers at risk for wrist injuries. Many golfers have to deal with tendinitis and other painful wrist conditions such as arthritis or golfer’s elbow. It’s important that you keep up with conditioning programs and see a physical therapist to alleviate these issues.
Hip Problems – When you golf, depending on your swing, your hip may have to withstand significant torsion and strain. If you are not controlling these twists and turns properly, you could face injuries that could lead to hip and back pain and lost time from your golf season. Making sure you have adequate flexibility around the low back and hip as well as proper technique is vital to prevent such injuries.
Injuries often result from overuse such as going to the driving range before the full season starts. Going to the driving range will cause a golfer to swing many more times than during a regular round of golf. Unfortunately, golfers often go to the driving range before they have conditioned themselves for the season. Optimally, golfers should maintain a year round conditioning program for golf. If this is not possible, they should start at least 6 weeks prior to picking up a golf club. Exercises and stretches that match their underlying condition and abilities should be prescribed and supervised by an experiences physiotherapist.
Are looking for a specialist to help you with your golf injuries or help you achieve optimal conditioning for the golf season? The team at The Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited is here for you. Call us today at (844) 519-8539 to make an appointment for sports therapy in Toronto today!
As a runner, it’s vital that you take care of your feet. Custom orthotics are just one of the ways you can improve your running. Here are a handful of the reasons runners chose to run with custom orthotics:
Orthotics are Meant to Work with Your Shoes –Running shoes have come a long way with respect to technology to provide a light supportive yet cushioned interface between your feet and the running surface. Despite these advances, running shoes cannot do the entire job on their own. A good pair of running shoes works best with a custom made orthotic.
Orthotics can help treat or prevent many conditions including heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, runners knee, hip and back pain. No wonder they are so popular with runners. Runners do not like to be off their running program. Orthotics keep them in the race injury and pain free.
Better Than Over the Counter Selections – Over the counter orthotics are average estimates which do not address your specific needs with respect to orthotics and in some cases may cause strains or injuries. Have you ever purchased an over the counter orthotic insert? Most of these orthotics cannot maintain their structure with hand pressure meaning they will certainly not support your feet with your body weight applied to them. Having custom orthotics means that you’ll have inserts that have been shaped and constructed for your running needs and body weight. We provide custom assessments and have a very high success rate.
Are you a runner looking for custom orthotics in Toronto? You can rest assured that The Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited can assist you!