As an individual suffering from diabetes, foot care is of the utmost importance. It doesn’t matter if you are in the early stages of the disease or have had diabetes for a long time, custom orthotics maybe the thing you need to avoid serious complications with your foot. Here are some of the reasons orthotics may help you:
- Treat Pain – When you are suffering from metatarsal and sesamoid pain, custom orthotics may be right for your needs. Both soft and rigid selections are available, so it’s important to speak with a professional about your issues before an orthotic is made for you.
- Reduce Shock – Reducing the amount of shock that you have in your shoe is crucial for people with diabetes. Orthotics can help soften the blow of each step and allow you to still be active without stressing about the issues you may face while walking or running.
- Accommodate Existing Issues – Receiving custom orthotics for your feet is important when you have existing issues like tissue loss or amputated toes.
When you are seeking custom orthotics in Toronto, you can trust Dr. Jack Hakoun of the Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited to assist you. We have a high success rate and are ready to help with your individual issues.
At Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine, we strive to stress the importance of our custom orthotics in Toronto for our patients who are constantly active and suffer from chronic pain. Since your body is interconnected through the kinetic chain, is it vital to ensure your feet are receiving the correct support needed for your feet as your feet are the basis of what holds your body up right. Below we have listed the main benefits associated from wearing custom orthotics.
- Since the body has a interrelationship between the connected body parts and limbs, it is important to treat your feet with proper orthotics to ensure further issues along the leg or ankle do not occur. Determining the correct way your feet should land can help correct problems in the hips and knees.
- Our custom foot orthotics in Toronto can help reduce chronic pain in the following areas: the back, knee, arches, ankle, and many more locations.
- Custom orthotics address conditions such as plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Morton’s neuroma, metatarsalgia, and many more.
- Helps prevent further deformities of the foot and ankles such as bunions and claw or hammer toes.
- Custom orthotics can accommodate for leg length discrepancies.
Our custom orthotics and insoles are a great addition to your shoes for your support and comfort. Contact us today at (844) 519-8539 to learn more about our treatment methods.
Runners have to deal with a wide array of issues. As a runner, you may have to face some of the following issues:
- Runner’s Knee – Also known as patellofemoral pain syndrome, runner’s knee is a common issue that most runners deal with at some point. This problem can arise for many reasons including overuse, overpronation in the feet, knee caps that are too loose or too tight. Uncovering the underlying issues requires an expert in sport medicine. Appropriate muscle strength and balance is always important. Orthotics are often used to help compensate for underlying problems which cannot be remedied with exercise alone.
- Plantar Fasciitis – This issue is an inflammation of the tissues at bottom of the foot. It is caused in a variety of ways, such as overuse, wearing the wrong shoes, or just by weak foot muscles. You can treat this issue by investing in orthotics, avoiding walking around without shoes on, and doing proper stretching before you go out to run.
- Achilles Tendinitis – Are you feeling pain in your tendon in the morning getting out of bed or while you run? Then you may be dealing with Achilles tendinitis. This problem is usually caused by repetitive tendon use, tight calf muscles, or running too far in your regular routine. This issue is treated with rest, ice, and stretching before you run. Orthotics are often a key factor in getting runners over their Achilles tendonitis.
Whether you are seeking custom orthotics in Toronto or sports therapy, Dr. Jack Hakoun and his team at available to assist you at The Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited. Call us at (844) 519-8539 for more info about our services.
As an active individual, there are a variety of biomechanical issues in the feet and lower extremities that can stop you from getting out and enjoying yourself and keeping fit. These problems can even give you knee, hip, and back pain! Instead of suffering, you should investigate whether custom orthotics from The Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited will help your condition. When you choose our orthotics in Toronto, you’ll receive the following benefits:
The Right Orthotics – When you purchase off-the-shelf orthotics, you may not be getting the right option for your foot. Also, the counter orthotics are not covered by your private health plan. When you come to us, we will take your history into consideration and do a full physical exam before prescribing and dispensing your orthotic. Custom made orthotics are covered by most extended health plans.
Make Observations and measurements– Our team will be able to speak with you about your problems and make the necessary adjustments using the latest technology. If your orthotics are not performing as they should, we are proud to offer a money-back guarantee.
An Experienced Doctor – Dr. Jack Hakoun has had more than 33 years of experience working with orthotics. This means he is experienced in biomechanical assessments, performing laser 3D scans, foam casts, force plate analysis and analyzing your running technique when applicable.
Are you ready to solve your foot, knee hip or back problems with a custom orthotic? Contact The Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine & Preventative Health Limited and discover more information about our orthotic services.